Sleep-deprived from an overnight duty I worried about practice today, expecting very little progress but lots of mistakes. However, it went surprisingly well! I worked through all three pieces keeping to the following rules:
1. Clear manageable sections, no playing through.
2. Proceeding only forwards, no going back.
3. Proceeding only after I managed three consecutive accurate attempts.
4. Accuracy over speed.
5. No more than five minutes per section, controlled by timer.
6. Solid bars were combined to larger sections.
Despite lack of sleep this was an incredibly productive and fulfilling practice session with focus and progress. I’m very much looking forward to see how much has stuck!